The Sponsored Programs and Research Office is the designated Pre-award and Post-award administration office for the University of Puerto Rico at Cayey. It provides support and training to the campus community including research, creative activity and other initiatives. The office identifies research, funding opportunities, partnerships, and facilitates the submission of all sponsored project proposals on behalf of the University. It also provides assistance to faculty and staff in managing projects which are awarded to the institution.
The role of research administrators has become a very challenging career. We constantly are looking at new policies and federal regulations that we must comply, along with the fulfillment of UPR Cayey’s obligations with existing regulations. We have also gone through experiences of proposal deadlines and felt the pressure, but at the end of the submission process the feeling of satisfaction is just wonderful. For our staff, listening is a key element, especially during the pre-award and post-award stages. We are strongly committed to support our faculty and provide them the necessary assistance to achieve our institutional goals. You are welcome to visit our office.
Office information address:
University of Puerto Rico at Cayey
Office of Sponsored Programs and Research
PO Box 372230
Cayey, Puerto Rico 00737-2230
Business hours: 8:00am – 12:00 1:00 – 4:30pm (or upon arrangement)
Location: Chancellor’s Building Office #102 / Office #108
Prof. Gladys Ramos García, Director /AOR
(787) 738-2161, ext. 2575
Ms. María M. Santiago Morales, Budget Director and Post-Award Management Official
(787) 738-2161, ext. 2459
Our mission is to encourage the research and sponsored projects while adhering to university policies, missions and objectives, and federal, state and institution’s regulations.
Promote research and continue to expand external funds through proposals that encourage professional and academic growth.
- Ensure the overall effective coordination of sponsored research services, policies, procedures and federal wide reporting requirements.
- Increase the number of proposals submitted by the faculty.
- Offer support and necessary assistance to generate highly competitive proposals, increasing the number of approved proposals.
- Provide workshops and conferences tailored to development of proposal writing and/or federal compliance.
New faculty orientation- each fall semester (August)
Workshops for faculty (fall and spring)
- Carta Circular Num. OP-17-01-Sistema HRMS Oracle -ORE
- Cert. # 8, JS, 2012-2013: UPR Financial Conflict of Interest Policy
- Cert. #14, JS, 2011-2012 Policy for promotion and Development of research at UPR
- Cert. #15, JS, 2011-2012 – Effort Reporting Policies and Procedures at the University of PR
- Cert. #16, JS, 2011-2012 – Policy for Cost Sharing and Matching Funds at UPR
- Cert. #45, JS, 2006-2007, UPR Policy and Procedures for responding to allegations of possible research misconduct
- Cert. #49, JS, 2012-2013: Amendments to Certifications Nos. 14, 15, and 16 (2011-2012)
- Circular de Finanzas 12-18 (12 de marzo de 2012) – Guías para el manejo de la propiedad mueble adquirida con fondos federales
- Directriz Sobre Licencia Ord. Y Enfermedad. (Nombramientos Especiales)
- F & A Agreement UPR Cayey (Facilities and Administrative cost rate agreement)
- Institutional Profile Certifications and Assurances
- Internal Routing Form and Conflict of Interest Statement
- Ley 101 Incentivo Contributivo Investigadores Científicos – Procedimiento Interno
- NIH Grant Policy Statement-Revised December 1, 2003
- NIH Policty Statement – October 1, 2010
- Presentación PP Basics of Pre Post Award UPRCayey
- University oF Puerto Rico Risk Management Procedures for Federal Grants Subawards JUL_18_2016(SERIAL ORCI-2016-01)
- UPR Cayey Fringe Benefits Charge rates as of July 2016-1
- UPR subrecipient-monitoring-record version 1.0 Jul_12_2016
- UPR Subrecipient Profile Questionnaire version 1.0 Jul_12_2016
- UPR Subrecipient Risk Assessment Evaluation Form version 1.0 Jul_12_2016
- Circular ORCI 2016-2017-02 Periodos Limites de Adquisiciones Cargadas a Proyectos Federales- ESPAÑOL
- Serial ORCI 2016-2017-02 Period for Adquisitions in Federal Projects- ENGLISH-1